I don't think I've complained this much in one week in a long time. So to avoid that ugliness, let's focus on the good things that make us smile. Today I'm linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday! This edition is a summary of September favorites.
1. Favorite EatVora is hands-down my new favorite restaurant in Chicago for authentic Taiwanese food, one of my favorite cuisines. The restaurant is modern and the food is served with a modern twist, but once you bite into their food it's like being transported to Taiwan. I can't find all the food pictures I took, but that just means I'll have to go back asap! Here's a photo from my Instagram with my pretty foodie friends who introduced me to the place:
2. Favorite SoundsEverything Pentatonix creates is nothing short of amazing. Their cover of Lorde's "Royals" gives me the chills every time I listen to it. And it's been on repeat since it was uploaded. Listen & be prepared to rub away those goosebumps.
I'm also obsessed with New Heights' cover of Avicii's "Wake Me Up". I love any artist who recreates a hit and makes it another hit in and of itself. Breathtakingly beautiful. More chills.
3. Favorite OutfitEven though Fall weather is not in full swing yet (why is it 80 degrees out?!), I am still wishing it was here & brought out the boots last weekend. Because that will make Fall weather come sooner, obviously. I think another reason I love boots is the fact that I usually pair them with leggings and a dress especially the shorter ones that I don't feel comfortable wearing without opaque tights/leggings; my dresses tend to get more mileage in this season.
|Dress: old | Cardigan: Mango | Leggings: Old Navy | Necklace: ILY Couture *** | Bag: Asos | Boots: GoJane|
4. Favorite MemoryMy birthday was one of the simplest birthdays I've had, but one of my favorites. We had a rough shift at the hospital and my amazing team brought in cupcakes to surprise me & made the day so much sweeter! Plus, I made it home in time (in the torrential rainstorm) to spend a quick but special half hour with my sister for a birthday dinner consisting of delicious Vietnamese food before she had to leave for night call. I love my friends & family! You guys are the best & know how to make a girl happy :)
5. Favorite Emmy 2013 LooksAllison William's Ralph Lauren gown was by far my favorite. I love how the dress is so simple yet so stunning. It fits her like a glove, the color is perfect & so is her minimalist gold jewelry.
My favorite outfit out of the guys was won by the adorable & brilliant Nolan Gould. It was the tiny details of his look that won me over. Just check out that snazzy white tie with black trim and the texture of his suit. Obsessed. Plus I just want to pinch his cheeks.