The sweetness rises from all the memories I've made this past month. I'm so thankful for all the time outside of school I've had to meet up with friends, new and old, and try new things while not have a nagging voice in my head telling me I should be studying instead.
I'm linking up with Lauren for High Five For Friday for the first time to highlight my favorite 5 things this past week! Although it's supposed to be this past week, I'm going to make this 5 highlights from this past month instead, just to make it more challenging for myself...Here we go:
1. Favorite EatAu Cheval's burger. I'd give it a 15/10. It's that good. Oh, and I also ran into Andrew Belle while I was there (no big.) and he carried on a conversation with me.
2. Favorite SoundsMy first favorite transitions me nicely into this topic. I'm loving Andrew Belle's new album Black Bear! It's so good even when you consider it follows his last full album, The Ladder, which was stellar. If you haven't bought it, get it now. I mean it. My favorite song of his at the moment is "Pieces".
Ben Rector's new album, The Walking in Between, came out the same day and charted top 5 on iTunes for a while! Well deserved, Ben! Take a listen to a snippet of one of my favorite songs from his album and you'll know why I'm obsessed with this guy's music and voice!
I know I'm totally cheating so far in this category with more than one favorite, but this song is too powerful & beautiful to miss. This week I heard an acoustic version of "Oceans" by Hillsong United and since I first heard it it's been on repeat. Such powerful words & a great reminder that "where feet may fail and fear surrounds me, [God has] never failed." And it renews my heart's cry to trust God without borders wherever He has called me and for my faith to be made stronger.
3. Favorite OutfitHands down my blue lace Anthropologie dress I wore to my friend's wedding. I think my favorite part was the fact that I got it for $40 when it was originally $328. Score! I paired it with Forever 21 accessories that people always comment on saying that they look more expensive than they actually are (under $10). Now I need to find more occasions to wear this dress!
4. Favorite MemoryIf you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen the few pictures I posted getting my hair and makeup done. I had a fun opportunity to model for a future feature on The Urbaness, one of my favorite Chicago lifestyle blogs. It was a blast hanging out with the other models and the talented people behind the scenes. For more details you can check out a fellow model Erin's perspective of the fun day.
|Behind the scenes: Photographers Katie & Lynn hard at work while The Eventful Life creates the beautiful scene|
5. Favorite Quote"Do small things with great love." - Mother Teresa. A beautiful reminder of my purpose in life and how I should walk everyday. With overflowing love for people no matter what I'm doing. I think the world needs more love, a selfless love that extends mercy & grace to those around us.
I have a really fun series of posts starting tomorrow!! I'm excited to share it with you guys!