When I came across this recipe on The Burlap Bag, I scooted right into the kitchen to make them. Literally. That never happens! I'm always pinning recipes to my dessert Pinterest board to make later...as in, there's a 99.999% chance it won't happen. But this miracle recipe was worth it & I've made it three times in one week! I hope you go do the same and make these right now. You'll thank me 20 minutes later!! (Plus, it's another great way to get rid of those overripe bananas instead of making banana bread!)
I came up with delicious mix-ins you MUST try.
Ready...BREAK! GO MAKE THESE!!!
2 large ripe bananas
1 cup oatmeal
+any mix-ins (or none!)
My favorite mix-in combos:
- 1/4 cup of Speculoos (Biscoff/Cookie Butter) + chocolate chips + cinnamon --> Amaze-balls.
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar + cinnamon (aka. a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form!) --> Mmm.
- 1/4 cup Nutella + chopped hazelnuts --> Hazelnut-y heaven.
- 1/4 cup PB + chopped peanuts --> Peanut-y perfection.
- 1/4 cup PB + chocolate chips --> YUM.
- 1/4 cup PB + Nutella --> Who wouldn't love this combo?
Preheat your oven to 350F. Line your baking sheet with foil and generously grease the foil (I used spray cooking oil) since these babies like to stick! Trust me.
Mash the bananas with a fork and add the oatmeal. Mix everything together with the fork. Once it's all mixed well, drop dollops of your cookie mix onto the oiled baking sheet. My dollops were a little over a Tablespoon in size. You don't need to leave much space between the cookies since they won't spread.
Pop them in the oven for 15 minutes or until the oats have turned a golden brown.
Remove and let them cool a bit.
TADA! There you have it, another foolproof recipe :)
What are you favorite combos? Did you try something different?