Happy Valentines Day!
Last week I shared ideas on how to wear red for this holiday. But my favorite color is pink and what better reason to wear it than for Valentines Day?
I found this pink ombre skirt on a sale rack at H&M many years ago and it has been a staple in my closet since. And in the past couple years, ombre has been all the rage in fashion, decor, etc! It's fun being fashion forward especially when it's on accident.
Top: Old Navy | Skirt: H&M | Tights: Asos | Bag: Kate Spade | Shoes: Urban Outfitters | Necklace: Kate Spade | Bracelet: ILY Couture | Rings: Forever 21, Jeweliq
For my Five for Friday post, I wanted to reminisce on the things I miss about past Valentines Days:
1. I miss those days of my childhood when we made cheesy valentines for everyone in the classroom to put in each others "mailbox".
2. But really what I miss is the time I had to make valentines (well, write everyone's names on the store bought valentines).
3. My favorite was the fact that we got to take half a day off from real school to celebrate this holiday and stuff our faces with sugary break 'n bake cookies.
4. I miss my super fast metabolism that allowed me to eat as many cookies and candy hearts as I wanted (now I have to worry about the possibility of succumbing to obesity and type 2 diabetes)
5. What I miss most is the innocence of Valentines Days celebrated in elementary school. It allowed us to love everyone in our classes without exclusion so no one felt left out.
So let's treat everyday like it's Valentine's Day and make sure everyone knows they are loved. Let's encourage each other & be more selfless in our words, attitudes and actions.
Do you have any fun Valentines plans? Whatever you have planned, see if it tops having a hot date that entails 24 hour call at the hospital. Romance at its finest. My patients get to be my valentines! Lucky them!
Linking up with: