Thanks, Grace & Katie for hosting & for picking this delicious recipe to attempt together :)
- 16 crushed graham crackers (should make 2 cups)
- 8 Tbsp melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 11 oz shredded golden delicious apples -- we used a peeler and chopped the pieces to shreds, but you can use a large cheese grater if you have one handy.
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Add the rest of the pumpkin mixture, followed by the rest of the almonds and shredded coconut. Lightly press the layers down to ensure that they adhere.
Remove the bars from the oven, let it cool completely at room temperature and then transfer the pan to the refrigerator to chill before you cut the bars.